Friday, June 18, 2010

happy accidents


Sarah over at Red Gingham posted this tutorial  for a Raggy Heart wreath made from fabric scraps a month ago. I love a project that requires now sewing and you can do in front of the telly so I thought I would give it a go. I didn't have a wire heart but I did have a bunch of rings and a big pile of scraps so I was set, or so I thought. It looked pretty easy and self explanatory so instead of taking the 30 seconds to read Sarah's tutorial, I plonked my ass down in front of the telly with a glass of wine and got to cutting and tying lot's of little bit's of fabric around my ring.

The more I tied, the less my ring looked like the heart that Sarah made (aside from the obvious geometrical differences). Were my fabric strips too wide? Did she iron her's flat when she was finished?  I couldn't work out what I was doing wrong, so I decided finally to read the instructions and low and behold, it turns out you don't tie the fabric around the wire frame you loop it! Well, the end result is a bit different, but the spirit of the project is there and I'm still quite happy with it. Strung up together they make a quaint little wall hanging!

I now need to work out what to do with the scraps from my scraps, covering tiny buttons maybe?

3 comments:

Thanks ever so for taking the time to say hi!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails