Sunday, June 13, 2010

flea market finds

I'm playing along with Sophie from Her Library Adventures and this week my finds have a distinctly sixties flavour!


1960's  beach umbrella, Gidget style (new in the packet, I had to open it to take the picture)


1961 copy of SUSPENSE, a monthly crime journal full of short stories, politically incorrect jokes and super bad illustrations.




Conquest of Space! Part book, part album and produced by Nestle prior to man walking on the moon. This book is full of pictures that the young collector had to add herself. I'm wondering if the little picture cards didn't come in a cereal box? They're all there, not a single one missing! I especially love the certificate at teh front of the book, ';to prove my interest in scientific progress'! How awesome is that!

14 comments:

  1. that umbrella is just beautiful... will be lovely for picnicking / beachgoing / relaxing under - when it's warm enough of course... but good for dreaming about in the meantime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the picture you took of the summer umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i never liked green as a kid ... the joys of wearing green every day for school. but I love it now and would love ot have that umbrella.
    My Flea Market Find

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan your lucky, My school uniform was ergh, brown and gold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your umbrella is so gorgeous, I love the colour & pattern. How super snazzy! Nice finds honey xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That umbrella is the best! Bet you can't wait until summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love love love the umbrella! great find.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That umbrella is incredible!! Lucky you! I love the cover of 'suspense' and the space book looks fantastic (love the pledge) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The umbrella is fabbo (I am channelling Gidget) Now you need a mu-mu and very large hat to complete the picture and be like Laru. I love any kind of card collection book. Would love to see those picture cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The umbrella is amazing, you have taken a fantastic photo of it too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. we'll have to hit the beach 60's style when the sun comes out. Mum has a v retro esky that would go just perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow great finds, love the green of the umbrella and the space album.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks ever so for taking the time to say hi!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails