Friday, March 12, 2010

Terrarium fun!


Iv'e been itching to have a go at making my own terrarium for a while now. Ada and I had stacks of fun making a couple of them this morning. I used some old chemists jars that had collecting dust in the bathroom and we gathered the moss and fungi from the front yard (how cool is the orange stuff, thank you dead tree that I never got around to cutting down!). The end results of the first couple are a bit iffy, but once the moss has grown  into it's new home and filled out a bit I think it will look a very pretty picture indeed!

I just found these really great 'how to build a Terrarium' videos over at MonkeySee, very helpful!

On a different note, but still in the realm of curio's, I've been thinking about that glass butterfly dome I found at the Salvo's on the weekend.  I might go back and see if it's still there. I've been imagining all the things I could do with it sans faded, 'seen better days'  butterfly's and pine cones. With the Oppe Shoppe fairy on my side I might just get lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks ever so for taking the time to say hi!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails