Monday, March 8, 2010

Show & Tell.........

In spite of the monsoonal weather I actually managed some good hunting this weekend!


After a quick trip on saturday morning to Seaford,  I stoped off on my way home at the Noble Park Salvos for a quick fossick through the isles.


aperitif anyone?

great selection of vintage 35mm cameras

100 year old arts & crafts footstool, maybe?

nature under glass



Swedish clay dish 

The bottom two pictures are of a dish by Nittsjo from Sweden, I just love it (reminds me a lot of Dutch Gouda pottery). I also found a really lovely footstool (third image from the top), it was covered in a very fifties horsey bar-cloth fabric however, the lady behind the counter assured me it was 100 years old and made from old tin cans (hence the $90 price tag). I'm assuming it has been re-upholstered but wonder if it isn't an old arts & crafts piece?


Personally, I took home a beautiful, deep blue, floral maxi dress that looks like something a grown-up Holly Hobby might wear and some super bright vintage towels I hope to turn into bib's for the littlest pickle.


Overall, a little bonier than the last time I was there but still plenty of good stuff!


All of the items pictured above might still be in the shop so if you like them go check it out.


Salvation Army Store
400 Princes Highway
Noble Park, VIC 3174
(03) 9795 8301










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks ever so for taking the time to say hi!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails